Contribution: figure with HW overview

Marcelo Ruaro

Jul 1, 2021, 11:43:16 AM7/1/21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi,

In the process to understand HW architecture I made this figure showing the modules and the defines that enable/disable its respective instantiation.

Hope it be useful!

Best,
Marcelo
openpiton_hw_modules.pdf

Jonathan Balkind

Jul 14, 2021, 7:29:41 PM7/14/21
to OpenPiton Discussion
Hi Marcelo,

This figure is really cool! I especially like seeing the stuff that's under macros because that's sometimes a bit hard to understand looking at the verilog alone. We were just tinkering around yesterday and having to deal with that pain a bit.

One minor thing I'd note is that the .tmp.v files are generated and the original source files are .v.pyv. You might want to indicate that somehow.

Thanks,
Jon