Release Candidate 5

Jaisen Mathai

Jun 18, 2014, 4:18:42 PM6/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Let's hope this is the final release :).

I'll let anyone who's interested test this over the weekend and unless there are blocking issues will release next week.

https://github.com/photo/frontend/releases/tag/4.0.0-rc5

Hubert Figuière

Jun 18, 2014, 4:48:20 PM6/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
You downgraded the version number?

Hub

Jaisen Mathai

Jun 18, 2014, 5:07:07 PM6/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Ugh. Typo.

-- Snet form my mobl phoone

Jay Sitter

Jun 19, 2014, 3:06:19 PM6/19/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!

Robert Kleinschmager

Jun 22, 2014, 9:16:21 AM6/22/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
first look to the release is good,

fresh install and some use cases worked very well.
Still some features from rc3 are missing - hope you have tracked this somehow

cheers
Robert

Jaisen Mathai

Jun 23, 2014, 10:38:29 AM6/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
> Still some features from rc3 are missing - hope you have tracked this somehow

Can you list which features?

Robert Kleinschmager

Jun 23, 2014, 2:14:03 PM6/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
sorry, have no list.
missing my favorite feature: "Invite Uploaders" introduced by commit https://github.com/photo/frontend/commit/d0ddf9f4fb5add537eb29c347b38ce7f476d6396

this and many other changes (f.e. fix for issue https://github.com/photo/frontend/issues/1453) are now in rc3, but not merged into rc5

do you need help to merge each rc3 commit into rc5 .. step by step

Jaisen Mathai

Jun 23, 2014, 2:38:38 PM6/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Gotcha. RC3 was a large merge which wasn't slotted for this release. Operator error. If you look at RC2 -> RC4 that's what RC3 was supposed to be.

Robert Kleinschmager

Jun 25, 2014, 4:27:56 AM6/25/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
so what will happen to all the changed, which are in rc3 - any plans?

Hubert Figuière

Jun 26, 2014, 9:06:07 PM6/26/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
On 25/06/14 05:27 AM, Robert Kleinschmager wrote:
> so what will happen to all the changed, which are in rc3 - any plans?

If anything this branch should be renamed.

Hub

Jaisen Mathai

Jun 26, 2014, 9:16:45 PM6/26/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
It'll go to the next major version release.

Hubert Figuière

Jun 28, 2014, 5:17:20 PM6/28/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
On 26/06/14 10:16 PM, Jaisen Mathai wrote:
> It'll go to the next major version release.

So you can rename it now so that people stop asking what's the deal. Get
it out of the way. That's the only quick fix.

Then you can work and proper branching.

Hub

Vašek Stodůlka

Jul 3, 2014, 8:50:14 AM7/3/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Dne středa, 18. června 2014 22:18:42 UTC+2 jmathai napsal(a):
Let's hope this is the final release :).

I'll let anyone who's interested test this over the weekend and unless there are blocking issues will release next week.

https://github.com/photo/frontend/releases/tag/4.0.0-rc5

Hi.

I have upgraded to 4.0.2 (I'm on branch master) and didn't see any of my photos. Going back and forth in git, I have found, that patch 3de05532898afd4b2add1b7572e25b7129d6ae83 breaks things. Fortunately it's a very simple patch, setting mode=prod from mode=dev. So I came back to HEAD, created /src/configs/override.ini and put [site] mode=dev in that file (as mentioned in #1495) and have my photos back.

Should it work this way?

--VS

Jaisen Mathai

Jul 3, 2014, 1:55:57 PM7/3/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Do you get any errors in your error log?

Vašek Stodůlka

Jul 4, 2014, 2:13:00 AM7/4/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Dne čtvrtek, 3. července 2014 19:55:57 UTC+2 jmathai napsal(a):
Do you get any errors in your error log?

No, only [Thu Jul 03 01:13:09 2014] [error] [client 212.79.106.8] PHP Notice:  Undefined variable: key in /srv/www/openphoto/src/libraries/controllers/AssetsController.php on line 53, referer: http://fotky.stodulkovi.cz/p/u1/token-5208d65a28

But I'm pretty sure, that have seen this warning also before upgrade.

I don't know, where trovebox is logging - only through apache? Now I'm in state, where I can test this (possible) bug - switching to "prod" is simple and I can't see photos there. If you send me what you want me to do, I'll report back. (My setup is pretty standard Debian 7 with shipped apache 2.2.22, the only glitch is, that I have src/html/photos symlink to NFS, but this is not the case of failure, NFS works well.)

Regards,

--VS

Jaisen Mathai

Jul 7, 2014, 1:35:29 PM7/7/14