Trovebox 4.0.2-rc2 + android app = not working

Hubert Figuière

May 14, 2014, 4:07:38 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com

Trovebox 4.0.2-rc2 + android app = not working

When I try to connect to my Trovebox, it tells me to create and app,
then it returns an error 500.

Nothing in the logs.

No idea what's going it. Is it supposed to work?

Hub

Patrick Santana

May 14, 2014, 4:14:36 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hub,
Can you get the log in your phone, please?

It should work.

Do you have the app in the Settings > Applications?

If not, you can log out and log in again.

Hubert Figuière

May 14, 2014, 4:25:54 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
On 14/05/14 04:14 PM, Patrick Santana wrote:
> Hi Hub,
> Can you get the log in your phone, please?

How do I get that log ?

> It should work.

It doesn't.

> Do you have the app in the Settings > Applications?

No. It tells me to create it, which I do. Then Error 500, as I said.

It could be the dreaded OAuth issue, but then there is no indication of
that.

> If not, you can log out and log in again.

I had to login first.

Also, as related but different matter, I can't log out: I can't seem to
be able to reach the ridiculously small "Logout" link in Firefox for
Android.

Hub

Patrick Santana

May 14, 2014, 4:32:12 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
ok. I will discuss with Jaisen about it and let you know.

I will be off in the next 4 days.

Patrick

Hub

Jaisen Mathai

May 14, 2014, 6:14:13 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Do you have the OAuth extension installed?

Hubert Figuière

May 14, 2014, 6:27:07 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
On 14/05/14 06:14 PM, Jaisen Mathai wrote:
> Do you have the OAuth extension installed?

I don't know. But then that's where readable error messages matter.

*hint* it is PHP 5.3 on Dreamhost, because that's were I run things from.

Hub

Jaisen Mathai

May 14, 2014, 6:53:02 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Is there an open issue for better error messages? I thought there was...

We lazily log the details to the error log and throw a generic 500 error to the UI on many occasions.

Hub

Hubert Figuière

May 14, 2014, 7:01:33 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
On 14/05/14 06:53 PM, Jaisen Mathai wrote:
> Is there an open issue for better error messages? I thought there was...
>
> We lazily log the details to the error log and throw a generic 500 error to
> the UI on many occasions.

Actually logging show this now [1]:

{severity:warn, description:"No OAuthProvider class found on this
system", additional:}
{severity:warn, description:"Could not add credential for: false",
additional:}

So yeah, it is missing the OAuth stuff.

Back to square one.

Hub

[1] tl;dr the hosting moved server and I looked in the wrong place....

Jaisen Mathai

May 14, 2014, 7:04:37 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Seems like Dreamhost supports installing extensions for php 5.3
https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-135426.html

Hubert Figuière

May 14, 2014, 7:59:31 PM5/14/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
On 14/05/14 07:04 PM, Jaisen Mathai wrote:
> Seems like Dreamhost supports installing extensions for php 5.3
> https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thread-135426.html

Supports is not really the word. To quote their Wiki page:

> Support for these instructions is not available from DreamHost tech
> support.

If I really wanted to do that, I'd just put Debian stable in the clown.
But this is just the same problem known as before.

Hub