no upload capability - tool missing from page

Christopher Scott

Jul 18, 2014, 9:14:55 PM7/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
(Trovebox newbie - very excited to get my own copy up-and-running in order to purge the horror known as "iPhoto" from my life)

Just installed Trovebox 4rc5 on my little home Ubuntu Svr, got it mostly up-and-running but have run into a few initial problems:
  1. The upload page is blank - looks as if the Plupload-based function isn't loading
  2. The "1 New Feature On This Page" link is not working, nor can it be dismissed.
  3. Unable to create albums.
A Google search shows that I'm not the only one having these troubles, but I can't find any proposed solutions... is it a mistake to try and install the v4 release candidates? Should I be trying to use the v3 final instead?

Ashwin Jacob

Jul 20, 2014, 3:40:41 PM7/20/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I am running into some of the same issues (I am on commit 9e72c788fc)
  • clicking on new features not doing anything
  • upload screen was blank (no beta features turned on)
There are javascript errors being logged on all pages (util.enableBetaFeatures not defined!). I turned off prod mode, cleaned up the cached assets and both features seemed to work ok.

Is the tbx.js (used in Prod mode) somehow being auto-generated or manually kept in sync with the other js files (used in debug mode)? I compared both files and copied a few lines of code from Util.js into tbx.js @ the beginning of function Util() {...} and the problem went away..

Is the tbx.js file perhaps out of sync?

Regards,

Ashwin