Trovebox on Indie Box (even got a link from Wired)

Johannes Ernst

May 22, 2014, 2:11:04 PM5/22/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Trovebox fans,

I'd like to point out our crowdfunding campaign for Indie Box One.

Indie Box One is a personal server appliance for your home that lets you run great open-source web apps like Trovebox at home. Apps are pre-installed, and automatically upgraded etc. so nobody has to be a geek to have their photos under their own control.

http://igg.me/at/indie-box-one

Some people have been reporting Trovebox installation difficulties on this list. Perhaps Indie Box One is for you :-)

Would appreciate support from this community. Tweet, Like, ... and perhaps pick a perk. Thank you!

Wired had a great article on Indie Box, which also mentions Trovebox: http://www.wired.com/2014/05/out-in-the-open-indie-box/

Cheers,

Johannes Ernst
Indie Box Project
jer...@cldstr.com

Jaisen Mathai

May 22, 2014, 2:13:50 PM5/22/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
I wanted to chime in on this and provide my personal endorsement. The idea of having Trovebox/OpenPhoto running on a "box usable by humans" is really exciting.

On a side note, Johannes, I tried to back the project but Paypal's UI won that battle. I need to try it again.

Johannes Ernst

May 22, 2014, 5:01:33 PM5/22/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Jaisen!

Using Paypal and UI in the same sentence should be prohibited in most languages ;-)