IFTTT upload through openphotoapps stopped

Adrian Tritschler

Aug 18, 2013, 10:31:09 PM8/18/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
I've got some photos sitting in DropBox/Apps/upload since 15-Aug-2013, seems that the openphotoapps upload has stopped again.

Jaisen Mathai

Aug 19, 2013, 1:42:16 PM8/19/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Fixed. One day we'll move this off our beta systems :|

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 7:31 PM, Adrian Tritschler <adrian.t...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've got some photos sitting in DropBox/Apps/upload since 15-Aug-2013, seems that the openphotoapps upload has stopped again.

PMario

Aug 19, 2013, 3:21:13 PM8/19/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jaisen,

Is there a date for the  4.0 version?
-m

Adrian Tritschler

Aug 20, 2013, 2:21:32 AM8/20/13
to open...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 3:42:16 AM UTC+10, jmathai wrote:
Fixed. One day we'll move this off our beta systems :|

Thanks :)

*chuckle* At one stage I looked after a "proof of concept" box that got put into production "just for now" for five and a half years...

  Adrian

Jaisen Mathai

Aug 21, 2013, 3:38:01 AM8/21/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
We don't at the moment. If you don't mind testing the 4.0 RC build that would help us certify a build.
https://github.com/photo/frontend/tree/4.0.2-rc1

Adrian Tritschler

Sep 15, 2013, 11:15:00 PM9/15/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Jaisen,

Sorry to be repetitive, but it seems to be broken again.

I've got photos sitting in ./Dropbox/Apps/OpenPhoto/queued (and upload) since 09-Sep-2013

  Adrian

Jaisen Mathai

Sep 17, 2013, 4:39:00 AM9/17/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Pants kicked.

Adrian Tritschler

Sep 25, 2013, 8:51:46 PM9/25/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
May have needed kicking harder, nothing has shifted from the "queued" folder.  I gave up waiting and uploaded them manually.

Jaisen Mathai

Sep 26, 2013, 12:39:01 AM9/26/13
to open...@googlegroups.com
Apologies. You'd think we'd have fixed this by now.

Adrian Tritschler

Mar 18, 2014, 5:17:57 AM3/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com

On Thursday, September 26, 2013 2:39:01 PM UTC+10, jmathai wrote:
Apologies. You'd think we'd have fixed this by now.

I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but is this still a supported way of getting photos into trovebox?  As far as I can tell it runs for 2-3 days each time I bring it up then fails for months at a time.  I don't think it has worked at all so far in 2014.

  Adrian

Jaisen Mathai

Mar 18, 2014, 12:32:36 PM3/18/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Adrian, It isn't officially supported but we have a few folks using it and we try to keep it running but it dies periodically. We don't have any monitoring set up for it so it (unfortunately) goes unnoticed until we get an email. I've restarted it for now and I realize that's a poor solution but it's one of those features that a small enough group uses that we're happy to keep going but not enough people use to put resources behind properly implementing it. -- Jaisen