Trouble with OpenPhoto install on Debin 7

Ian Schoonover

Jun 22, 2014, 8:36:45 PM6/22/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi there,

I'm interested in OpenPhoto Community edition. I've got a fresh Debian 7 install on my VPS (non-EC2) and ran into an issue. I'm using the latest version, 4.0.0-rc5. I got to the database and filestore configuration step of setup, and can't seem to get past errors indication I've done it all wrong despite my not being able to detect a flaw in my methods.

http://pastebin.com/wZNXQeJb

Any explanation or assistance would be appreciated.

Ian Schoonover

Jun 22, 2014, 9:18:17 PM6/22/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
I was able to get past the mysql error by dropping the schema. The instructions next to the field to specifying the schema name says that it must not exist, yet the error message says the the user needs to be able to create one. Might I suggest this be clarified, or the CREATE DATABASE statement be modified to include IF NOT EXISTS...

The other error about filesystem permissions, I am still at a loss about, however. I've tried removing the photos directory and setting src/html to world writeable, but that didn't help.

documentation/guides/InstallationUbuntuApache.sh sets the user of the photos directory to the apache2 user, which I've done...
mkdir /var/www/openphoto/src/html/photos
chown www-data:www-data /var/www/openphoto/src/html/photos

What am I missing?

Jaisen Mathai

Jun 23, 2014, 10:52:59 AM6/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Do you see anything in the error logs?

Ian Schoonover

Jun 23, 2014, 11:10:08 AM6/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
There doesn't appear to be directly related log entries about the upload directory that I specified. There is one about not being able to auth to Dropbox. Could that be the issue (despite the error message in the setup that I am receiving having to do with permissions of the local filesystem...)

http://pastebin.com/tAJcvscv

Jaisen Mathai

Jun 23, 2014, 11:12:54 AM6/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Can you try to run the setup with just local file system and not also using Dropbox?

Also, if the user table already has an entry with the email address you're using you'll get the message about not being able to set up MySql. You can simply truncate the user table if that's the case (instead of dropping the db/table).

Ian Schoonover

Jun 23, 2014, 12:45:00 PM6/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
That seemed to have done the trick!

These errors are really not that specific... Why would a dropbox auth error produce a local filesystem permissions error on the setup page? Seems wonky.

Anyway, thanks for the help. Hope this product is as great as it looked to be :)

Jaisen Mathai

Jun 23, 2014, 1:58:39 PM6/23/14
to open...@googlegroups.com
Ian, The Dropbox auth error should definitely not give you the message you received. Something we can improve upon for sure. Feel free to open an issue at https://github.com/photo/frontend/issues -- Jaisen