Advice to working with Netex Timetable for NL Profile

Centreon Bot

Mar 22, 2021, 5:25:18 AM3/22/21
to openov

Dear Community,

First I'm not a bot, just a nickname :)
I just start to get working with NeTEX for Netherland Profile, but the information that I get from the NeTEX website is to complex, I got a wall blocking in my way which I can't get through.
  1. Which NeTEX profile schema should I use? https://github.com/NeTEx-CEN/NeTEx or https://github.com/BISONNL/NeTEx-NL
  2. Which data set should I use? currently I tried with https://data.ndovloket.nl/netex/cxx/ but the data served is HUGE, I only need data for specific service for example HTM, should I ignore the other data which not have prefix HTM in the XML?
  3. Is it a good way to implement timetable to import dataset zip file to database and then use it as it?
Thanks you!
your reply is very much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Edwin

Stefan de Konink

Mar 22, 2021, 5:57:19 AM3/22/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, March 22, 2021 10:25:18 AM CET, Centreon Bot wrote:
> 1. Which NeTEX profile schema should I use?
The first is _the standard_ the second is a convenient way to *only*
implement the current Dutch profile, but nothing more than that. So if you
have any ambitions to extend your realm beyond NL, for example Germany or
Belgium, you will end up with multiple different implementations. Which is
pretty inconvenient if you want to apply the same kind of transformations.

> 2. Which data set should I use? currently I tried with
> https://data.ndovloket.nl/netex/cxx/ but the data served is HUGE,

Have you seen our GTFS files which are about twenty times as large in
compressed form?

Start to rethink how to (automatically) parse XML files.

> I only
> need data for specific service for example HTM, should I ignore the other
> data which not have prefix HTM in the XML?

I would start with reading the Dutch documentation. To read the HTM
dataset, you can read the HTM file, you are likely in need for a BISON file
as well, but ignoring prefixes is not the hack that should be applied.

> 3. Is it a good way to implement timetable to import dataset zip file to
> database and then use it as it?

Proven technology: JAXB.
Some people have claimed good results with C# and xsd.exe.
Connexxion produces their NeTEx using Python with generateDS, works with
the Dutch profile, does not work (yet) with the CEN XSD.

--
Stefan

Centreon Bot

Mar 22, 2021, 7:10:47 AM3/22/21
to openov
Hi Stefan,

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciated it, your input is very valuable to my progress,
lastly I recently saw your implementation about PyQTNeTEx, do you mind to share the source in github perhaps?

Best Regards,
Edwin

Stefan de Konink

Mar 22, 2021, 8:00:36 AM3/22/21
to Centreon Bot, openov
On Monday, March 22, 2021 12:10:46 PM CET, Centreon Bot wrote:
> lastly I recently saw your implementation about PyQTNeTEx, do you mind to
> share the source in github perhaps?

I like colaboration and reciprocity. Dumping something on github does not
support that outcome.

--
Stefan

Centreon Bot