openOV websockets

Stoyan Kuklev

Dec 7, 2021, 6:00:29 AM12/7/21
to openov
Good day and hope you are not too cold,

I'm setting up a service (OpenTripPlanner server) that will run for Amsterdam and Rotterdam that receives websocket input.

What is the current procedure  to receive a webSocket feed from openOV (hope it offers) and does it include all the components of gtfs-rt data (alerts/updates/positions) ?
Does it cover data for more than one public transport company ?

Stefan de Konink

Dec 7, 2021, 6:04:19 AM12/7/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
Hi Stoyan,

On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 12:00:28 PM CET, Stoyan Kuklev wrote:
> What is the current procedure to receive a webSocket feed from openOV
> (hope it offers) and does it include all the components of gtfs-rt data
> (alerts/updates/positions) ?

We only offer protocol buffers files, pull based (every 60s).

<https://gtfs.openov.nl/gtfs-rt/>

> Does it cover data for more than one public transport company ?

It includes all of The Netherlands, where tripUpdates for trains are in a
separate feed.

--
Stefan

Stoyan Kuklev

Dec 7, 2021, 10:46:12 AM12/7/21
to openov
Thanks for your help, Stefan

Tried the .pb files;
alerts.pb works but the tripUpdates.pb seem to produce error caused by timestamps (It rejects each subsequent pull as older than what is already there).
I asked in the software group and was told that everything is fine software-wise regarding timestamp logic and it could be a data issue.

Just making sure there could be no error with the data (tripUpdates.pb timestamps)?

Stefan de Konink

Dec 7, 2021, 10:47:56 AM12/7/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
On Tuesday, December 7, 2021 4:46:12 PM CET, Stoyan Kuklev wrote:
> Tried the .pb files;
> alerts.pb works but the tripUpdates.pb seem to produce error
> caused by timestamps (It rejects each subsequent pull as older
> than what is already there).
> I asked in the software group and was told that everything is
> fine software-wise regarding timestamp logic and it could be a
> data issue.
>
> Just making sure there could be no error with the data
> (tripUpdates.pb timestamps)?

Very unlikely that this is a data issue, otherwise we would have received
messages from all major journey planners.

--
Stefan

Centreon Bot

Dec 20, 2021, 1:34:21 AM12/20/21
to openov
Hi Stefan,

Sorry for hijacking the thread, it appear the .pb file is missing now https://gtfs.openov.nl/gtfs-rt/alerts.pb for example return 404,
also https://gtfs.ovapi.nl/nl/ is missing,
summary :
alerts.pb

Is missing, any other alternative or reason for this?

Best Regards,
Edwin

Stefan de Konink

Dec 20, 2021, 3:36:44 AM12/20/21
to ope...@googlegroups.com
On Monday, December 20, 2021 7:34:20 AM CET, Centreon Bot wrote:
> Sorry for hijacking the thread, it appear the .pb file is missing now
> https://gtfs.openov.nl/gtfs-rt/alerts.pb for example return 404,

Don't hijack threads.

> Is missing, any other alternative or reason for this?

A full disk.

--
Stefan

Centreon Bot