Call for Oregon faculty examples - OER in Tenure and Promotion

Rayne Vieger

Nov 30, 2022, 3:02:04 PM11/30/22
to Open Oregon, Amy Hofer

Hello Open Oregon Community!

Over the last academic year, Open Oregon convened the OER representatives from Oregon’s seven public universities to discuss how OER are and could be incorporated into faculty promotion and/or tenure documentation. As part of this process, this working group discussed the Driving OER Sustainability for Student Success (DOERS3) Tenure and Promotion Matrix as a potential model to adopt for Oregon universities.

One thing we identified during these discussions was that the existing matrix was missing specific examples of how current faculty represent OER work in their promotion documentation. We also wanted any examples provided to be localized to Oregon and to feel relevant to other Oregon faculty seeking to showcase their work. With this in mind, the working group adapted the matrix to include real examples of how current Oregon faculty are incorporating OER into their dossiers. You can access the published matrix and learn more about this work in the following blog post authored by OSU’s Stefanie Buck:

Oregon adaptation of Matrix for OER in Tenure and Promotion

Our next step as a working group is to share this work out with Oregon faculty and to gather more faculty examples of how they are incorporating OER into their dossiers. Do you have an example you’d be willing to add to the matrix or know of faculty we should reach out to? You can contribute an example by replying to Amy individually (off list) at hof...@linnbenton.edu.  For librarians and other faculty support personnel, we’d also appreciate you forwarding this along to your faculty, especially those engaged with OER work that you know may be going up for promotion and/or tenure in the near future.

Thank you,

Oregon OER in Promotion & Tenure working group

Rayne Vieger (she/her)

Coordinator, eLearning & OER | University of Oregon Libraries | Book a meeting with me

ray...@uoregon.edu