Dean of Library and Learning Innovation Opportunity at Tacoma Community College

Jennifer Snoek-Brown

Mar 4, 2022, 5:28:26 PM3/4/22
to openo...@googlegroups.com
Greetings all,

Please see below for an exciting opportunity at Tacoma Community College in Tacoma, WA. This new position of Dean of Library and Learning Innovation is heavily involved in and instrumental to OER support at our college. OER is fundamental to our mission @ TCC, and we are celebrating a decade of OER advocacy and success this year.

I am posting to this Oregon listserv not only because I used to work in Oregon and continue to have close ties with many of you, but also because Oregon librarians and library folx have been and continue to be such inspirational regional and national leaders in OER. Please know that many of your OER texts and course materials have been used and appreciated up here in Washington state!

Priority consideration date: April 4, 2022

I am serving as chair of this search committee, so please let me know if you have any questions.

Jennifer Snoek-Brown (she/her/hers)
Faculty OER Librarian
Tacoma Community College Library

Dean of Library and Learning Innovation

Located in the scenic Puget Sound area with Mount Rainier in the distance, Tacoma is the third largest city in Washington State with a thriving and diverse community of over 200,000 residents. Tacoma Community College (TCC) was built on the ancestral territory of Coast Salish peoples, specifically the Puyallup. The 1854 Medicine Creek Treaty forcibly removed them to the Puyallup Reservation to make way for settlers; we recognize the privilege of utilizing this land has come at great cost. We honor the resilience of the Puyallup people, who still live here, defend their rights, and contribute greatly to the well-being of this community. As emphasized in TCC’s land acknowledgment, our institution aims to increase partnerships and community ties with the local Indigenous populations. As stated in TCC’s Eight Point Plan, we stand in solidarity with Black Lives Matter and the Black community by further strengthening collaboration with the Black Student Union as well as community entities such as the Tacoma-Pierce County Black Collective, the Tacoma Urban League, and local Black-owned businesses. The Library & Learning Innovation division is committed to increasing accessibility to innovative learning resources to a diverse study body and championing efforts to better serve historically marginalized and underrepresented communities.

Position Summary:

Tacoma Community College seeks a dynamic, visionary, collaborative, and service-oriented professional, with the ability to inspire others and think strategically, to serve in the new role of Dean of Library & Learning Innovation. Reporting to and with the support of the Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs, the Dean provides strategic oversight and leadership in developing, implementing, and assessing Library and Learning Innovation initiatives. The Dean will join the TCC Library & Learning Innovation faculty and staff at an exciting and transformative time, leading our newly merged departments in our combined efforts to integrate contemporary and innovative library services and eLearning support for a new, flexible era of online learning.   With two physical sites, a strong digital presence, and opportunities for collaboration, growth, and multi-modal delivery, the Dean will take a lead role in the integration of library services and collections, information literacy instruction, Open Educational Resources (OER), teaching and learning technology and innovation, online learner support, instructional design, media services, and the college archives. The Dean will also lead College efforts to advance the continuous improvement and equitable implementation of Learning Innovation initiatives.

The Dean has primary responsibility for the operation of the Library and Learning Innovation areas, including hiring, supervising, and evaluating staff; implementation, monitoring, evaluation, and assessment of services; establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with administrators, faculty, students, external vendors, and constituents; and maintaining fiscal and programmatic accountability. This is a full-time administrative position..

Campus Video

https://www.tacomacc.edu/costs-admission/visitcampus

Regional Setting

For information on Tacoma and the surrounding area: https://www.tacomacc.edu/tcc-life/life_in_tacoma

To view complete job announcements and apply please visit:

cid:image002.png@01D78DF5.036084C0

Tacoma Community College provides equal opportunity in education and employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, creed, religion, or status as a veteran of war. Prohibited sex discrimination includes sexual harassment (unwelcome sexual conduct of various types). Provides reasonable accommodations for qualified students, employees, and applicants with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Federal Rehabilitation Act. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding non-discrimination policies: Stephen Smith, Title VII and Title IX, 253-566-5055; the Section 504 Officer in Student Affairs.  Tacoma Community College is a smoke-free/drug free environment.  This recruitment announcement does not reflect the entire job description and can be changed and or modified without notice.

Tacoma Community College 6501 S 19th St Bldg. 14, Tacoma WA  98466

www.tacomacc.edu/about/employment

Michelle Mullins ( She/Her/Hers )
HR Consultant– Talent Acquisition / Recruiter
cid:image003.png@01D7C675.98380380253-566-5341 cid:image004.png@01D7C675.98380380
mmul...@tacomacc.edu

46C1CE40