OE Week 2022: Celebrating a Decade of OER at Tacoma Community College!

Jennifer Snoek-Brown

Mar 11, 2022, 11:52:52 AM3/11/22
to openo...@googlegroups.com
Hello, OER community! It's been an exciting OE Week, and I wanted to share some celebratory OER news from Tacoma Community College in Tacoma, Washington. At TCC, we are also celebrating our 10th year of OER advocacy and success this year! TCC students are now saving over $1.5 million in textbook costs per year, and overall, TCC students have saved almost $10 million in textbook costs this past decade.

Below are some resources we have shared to our campus community to celebrate this OER milestone, and we are sharing them out with the wider OER community, as well, in case some of these resources may also help you advocate for OER on your campus.

All of these resources and info are also available on our Student Guide to OER , as well as our Faculty/Staff Guide to OER.

Thank you to everyone who has collaborated with Tacoma Community College's OER program and initiatives this past decade
. As TCC student body president Melissa Littleton said in her video: "It is so important to understand where we came from, where we are, and where we're going." We look forward to our next decade of OER advocacy!

This message has been sent on behalf of the Open Education Steering Group at Tacoma Community College.

Jennifer Snoek-Brown
OER Faculty Librarian
Tacoma Community College

Amy Hofer

Mar 11, 2022, 3:01:19 PM3/11/22
to Jennifer Snoek-Brown, Open Oregon
Thanks for sharing this with us, Jennifer! It's inspiring to be neighbors with TCC :) Amy

Amy Hofer (she/her)
Statewide Open Education Program Director