Seeking authors and pilot instructors in HDFS, SOC, and CJ

Amy Hofer

Sep 14, 2022, 7:44:39 PM9/14/22
to Open Oregon
Hi all,

Open Oregon Educational Resources is developing openly-licensed textbooks and courses with an equity lens in HDFS, SOC, and CJ. More info about our grant-funded projects: We’re On Our Way: Targeted Open Pathways for HDFS and SOC and Update: Targeted Open Pathway for Criminal Justice.

We are looking for contributing authors and pilot instructors to fill the THREE roles described below. If you or anyone you know may be interested, please contact Amy Hofer at hof...@linnbenton.edu, including the role that you are interested in. Amy can also answer questions and provide information about the project, timeline, author role, and compensation.

1. We are looking for course pilot instructors to design, develop, deliver, revise, and share open course designs that make use of open educational resources in the following courses:

- Introduction to Human Services (Spring 23)
- Social Change in Societies (Winter 23 or Spring 23)
- Intro to Criminology (Winter 23 or Spring 23)
- Intro to the American Criminal Justice System (Spring 23)
- Race and Crime (Spring 23)

Pilot instructors will have the support of an instructional designer and will receive a stipend. This role requires a letter of support from your department chair, dean, or similar role that is responsible for assigning courses. The purpose of the letter is to verify that you will be assigned to teach the redesigned course at least one time before June 30, 2023.

2. Introduction to Human Services: An Equity Lens seeks a contributing author on Children, Adolescents and Human Services to write a 10,000 word chapter that includes about 7,000 words of original content and transition/editing of 3,000 words with a focus on:

- Child Welfare
- Foster Care
- Jobs/Careers working with Children and Adolescents in Human Services Settings
- Aspects of child and adolescent development that relate to needs for human services.

Contributing authors will work with the lead author to design the chapter outline and for feedback, with a due date of Dec 1, 2022. Editorial support and peer review is also provided.

3. Infant and Child Development & School-Age & Adolescent Development seeks one or more contributing authors for Human Development textbooks to write chapters and chapter sections between 1,000-10,000 words (depending on content area) with a focus on:

- Diverse Pregnancy Experiences, including those of transgender men
- Safety, including a focus on including equity issues in maintaining safety
- Gender Identity Development, including for LGBTQA+ children
- Sexual education and identity issues specific to LGBTQA+ children
- Health and Wellness for LGBTQA+ children, including adolescent mental health.

For each of these chapters/chapter sections, there are existing openly licensed sources that can be used as a foundation and/or excerpted to include in the chapter. Contributing authors will work with the lead authors to design the chapter outline and for feedback, with a due date of November 15, 2022. Editorial support and peer review is also provided.

Thanks for considering,
Amy

--
Amy Hofer (she/her)
Statewide Open Education Program Director