Continuing Savings from Past OER Grants

Amy Hofer

Sep 14, 2021, 11:12:41 AM9/14/21
to Open Oregon, CCCOER Advisory, Open Textbook Network, SPARC Libraries & OER Forum, (occdla@lists.chemeketa.edu), 'occdla@lists.chemeketa.edu', Oregon Community College Library Association
Hi all, this message is cross-posted.

In the four OER grant programs for which prior data is available, the estimated cumulative student savings is $14,108,853 since 2015, or about $12 in student savings per program dollar spent. Read more: https://openoregon.org/continuing-savings-2/

Congratulations to all of Oregon’s OER grantees for their ongoing work on behalf of students!

:)
Amy

--
Amy Hofer (she/her)
Statewide Open Education Program Director

Linn-Benton Community College
6500 SW Pacific Blvd.
Albany, OR 97321

Cable Green

Sep 14, 2021, 11:46:35 AM9/14/21
to Amy Hofer, Open Education Platform, Open Oregon, CCCOER Advisory, SPARC Libraries & OER Forum, (occdla@lists.chemeketa.edu), 'occdla@lists.chemeketa.edu', Oregon Community College Library Association
Bravo! Bravo! Bravo!

Well done, Open Oregon!

Cable

Cable Green, PhD
Director of Open Education
Creative Commons

Amy Hofer

Sep 14, 2021, 1:40:24 PM9/14/21
to Walker, Stephanie, Open Oregon, CCCOER Advisory, Open Textbook Network, SPARC Libraries & OER Forum, (occdla@lists.chemeketa.edu), 'occdla@lists.chemeketa.edu', Oregon Community College Library Association
Hi Stephanie, thank you for sharing your impact here, and congratulations! :) Amy

On Tue, Sep 14, 2021 at 9:50 AM Walker, Stephanie <stephani...@und.edu> wrote:

Hi everyone

Yes, the cumulative savings from OERs can be just stunning.  This isn’t Oregon, and I’m not trying to take anything away from Oregon’s stunning accomplishment – just wanting to add my own tidbit.  At the University of North Dakota, between January 2016 and May 2020, we saved our students about $11 million.  We have over 90 faculty, across every school and college, using OERs.  I have to add up the additional savings from May 2020-21, but I’m waiting for a bit more data.  I’m pretty sure we’ll be over $13 million, maybe $14 million, by then.  It’s really exciting.  We’re now at the point where we’re trying to push things more statewide and regionally, to have a greater impact.  Fingers crossed!

Stephanie

--
If you have any questions about or technical difficulties with this email list, contact liz...@oeglobal.org
To find out more or be added to this list visit https://www.cccoer.org/community-email/