Agenda available: Student-Centered Course Material Procurement Models Meeting

Amy Hofer

Mar 28, 2024, 6:58:05 PMMar 28
to Open Oregon
Hi all, this message is cross-posted. Please share widely!

The current campus store model isn't working for any stakeholder. How can we proactively get out of our campus store doom loop? Open Oregon Educational Resources and the Orbis Cascade Alliance invite you to a virtual half-day meeting to bring together OER champions, librarians, store managers, business officers, instructors, students, and other relevant stakeholders in Oregon.

May 3, 9-1 Pacific
More info and registration
Can’t make it on May 3? Please share your thoughts via our Anonymous Feedback Form.

Agenda
9:00-9:10 Introductions and background on the issue
9:10-9:20 90-second position statements from stakeholders: students, faculty, librarians, hourly workers, admin, and bookstore managers
9:20-9:40 Breakout 1: Empathy building exercise
9:40-10:15 Breakout 1 takeaways
10:15-10:30 BREAK
10:30-10:40 Innovative Model in Practice: Break-Even Procurement with Cathy Germano, Senior Director, Library and Learning Services, Excelsior University
10:40-10:50 Innovative Model in Practice: Cooperative Procurement with Gary Westerland, Director of Auxiliary Services and Director of Bookstore Collaborative Services, Minneapolis College
10:50-11:00 Innovative Model in Practice: Consortial Procurement with Isaac Gilman, Executive Director, Orbis Cascade Alliance
11:00-11:45 Breakout 2: Choose your own discussion topic
11:45-12:00 BREAK
12:00-12:30 Breakout 2 takeaways
12:30-1:00 Next steps

Thanks,
Amy

--
Amy Hofer (she/her)
Statewide Open Education Program Director