Encountering difficulties in modifying the Redirect-URI within OpenOLAT

Salem Elaiba

Dec 12, 2023, 7:02:29 AM12/12/23
to OpenOlat

Encountering difficulties in modifying the Redirect-URI within OpenOLAT, I find that despite my attempts to update it to a different URI, the platform consistently reverts to the default value. The issue persists even after attempting various troubleshooting steps, such as clearing the browser cache, using incognito mode, ensuring an active session, checking for network issues, and exploring server-side configurations. Additionally, I have considered browser compatibility and confirmed that I am using the latest version of OpenOLAT.

Screenshot 2023-12-12 130159.png

Florian Gnägi

Dec 12, 2023, 8:02:30 AM12/12/23
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Check your installation, specially the OpenOlat configuration. When you change the domain name you obviously have to set this to the correct value in the configuration. This is not something you can do with a redirect. All server.* configs must be correct.

Cheers
Florian

Am 12.12.2023 um 13:02 schrieb Salem Elaiba <salem....@gmail.com>:

Encountering difficulties in modifying the Redirect-URI within OpenOLAT, I find that despite my attempts to update it to a different URI, the platform consistently reverts to the default value. The issue persists even after attempting various troubleshooting steps, such as clearing the browser cache, using incognito mode, ensuring an active session, checking for network issues, and exploring server-side configurations. Additionally, I have considered browser compatibility and confirmed that I am using the latest version of OpenOLAT.

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de
<Screenshot 2023-12-12 130159.png>

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOlat
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on mastodon linkedin

Salem Elaiba

Dec 13, 2023, 5:58:23 AM12/13/23
to open...@googlegroups.com

Hello Florian,

Thank you for your prompt response. I've attempted to configure the olat.local.properties file as per your suggestion, but I'm still encountering an issue with the redirect URI containing a port

image.png

, resulting in an "invalid URI" error.

I would greatly appreciate your assistance in resolving this matter. To provide you with more context, here are my olat.local.properties and server.xml files.

db.source=jndi
db.jndi=java:comp/env/jdbc/OpenOLATDS
db.vendor=postgresql
installation.dir=/home/openolat
server.contextpath=/openolat
server.domainname=openolat.uat.stormtec.ch
server.port=80
server.port.ssl=0
smtp.host=disabled
userdata.dir=/home/openolat/olatdata
log.dir=/home/openolat/logs

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<Server port="8085" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
  <Service name="Catalina">
    <Connector port="8088" protocol="HTTP/1.1" />
      <Host name="localhost"  appBase="webapps" />
    </Engine>
  </Service>
</Server>

Your expertise in helping me identify the correct redirect URI would be invaluable.

Thank you in advance for your continued support..

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "OpenOlat" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openolat/89005D7D-6FAA-4888-9C6E-350750B5E33C%40frentix.com.

Stéphane Rossé

Dec 15, 2023, 4:30:01 AM12/15/23
to OpenOlat
Hi

Your redirect URL is calculated from the following 3 parameters:

server.domainname=openolat.uat.stormtec.ch
server.port=80
server.port.ssl=0

If you have only http: server.port=80 and server.port.ssl=0 will give you http://openolat.uat.stormtec.ch
80 is the default http port and will not be in the URL

If you want https (what we strongly recommended and a lot of OAuths providers consider as mandatory): server.port=0 and server.port.ssl=443 will give the following URL: https://openolat.uat.stormtec.ch
443 is the default port for https

If you only have Tomcat (not an Apache Server before your Tomcat Server) which is listening only on port 8088. You need the following configuration: server.port=8088 and server.port.ssl=0 and the URL will be http://openolat.uat.stormtec.ch:8088

Don't forget to restart your OpenOlat after changes. These configurations are only loaded during startup.

Best regards
Stéphane Rossé

Salem Elaiba

Dec 15, 2023, 7:26:41 AM12/15/23
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello  Stéphane,
Thank you very much, your assistance has resolved the issue! :-)
Best regards
Salem Elaiba