localhost redirect

mehmetme...@gmail.com

May 15, 2024, 7:05:13 AMMay 15
to OpenOlat
Hello

How can I change the "localhost" section to my own domain name in this link that appears on the page? Also, when I refresh the page while on any page, it redirects to "localhost". I wonder which configuration file has the error?

Thank you.

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Florian Gnägi

May 15, 2024, 9:07:19 AMMay 15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ekran

Please have a look at the installation manual, look for the configuration of the „server.domainname“ variable.

Cheers
Florian

Am 15.05.2024 um 13:05 schrieb mehmetme...@gmail.com <mehmetme...@gmail.com>:

Hello

How can I change the "localhost" section to my own domain name in this link that appears on the page? Also, when I refresh the page while on any page, it redirects to "localhost". I wonder which configuration file has the error?

Thank you.

<Ekran Alıntısı.PNG>

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de
<Ekran Alıntısı.PNG>

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOlat
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland

Find me on mastodon linkedin

mehmetme...@gmail.com

May 16, 2024, 8:39:29 AMMay 16
to OpenOlat
Hi Florian

I made the change. In the configuration section, I wrote URL instead of "localhost". Now URL:8088 appears on the page and that link does not open. When I refresh the page again, it tries to load an address starting with URL: 8088 and the page does not refresh.

By the way, my name is "Mehmet Mevlüt", not "Ekran" :)

Best regards.

15 Mayıs 2024 Çarşamba tarihinde saat 16:07:19 UTC+3 itibarıyla Florian Gnägi şunları yazdı:
Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

Florian Gnägi

May 16, 2024, 10:46:55 AMMay 16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mehmet

I am sorry, but you need to explain a bit more about your setup. Do you have an apache that connects to tomcat or do you plan using tomcat standalone, if so what ports did you configure on tomcat etc. The entire pipeline must work together.

With erver.domainname=localhost you define the domain name of your URLs, with server.port=8088 you define the port of the URL in case you are using non-SSL (use this only for development), if you configure server.port.ssl=443 then you tell the system that all your URLs shall be https. But of course you first need to have a web server that dispatches the SSL or you have to configure this in Tomcat, that is not something OpenOlat does for you.

Cheers
Florian

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openolat/57ddde51-675f-425d-ba9b-b99b979fa20en%40googlegroups.com.
<Ekran Alıntısı.PNG>

mehmetme...@gmail.com

May 16, 2024, 11:34:36 AMMay 16
to OpenOlat
Hi Florian

I am using Nginx. I use cloudflare for SSL.

nginx conf is as follows:

server {
                server_name https://domain.name http://domain.name domain.name;

                location / {
                        proxy_pass http://IP_Address:8088;
                }
        }

By the way, I am accessing via domain name. I cannot access with IP_address:8088.

Kind regards

Florian Gnägi

May 16, 2024, 11:46:21 AMMay 16
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mehmet

Can not help you with Nginx. But one thing is for sure: the proxy_pass config has nothing to do with the setting in the olat.local.properties file, it relates to your tomcat connector configuration. The olat.local.properties configs I mentioned below are what the app OpenOlat uses to generate the links.

So, try it with this:

server.port.ssl=443

Cheers
Florian