Request password reset disappeared 18.1.x

Romeno De fornna

Nov 7, 2023, 5:00:53 AM11/7/23
to OpenOlat
Hello community,

I noticed that in the 18.1.x OpenOLAT releases there is no distinguishing between local and ldalp users on the login mask.
After updating from 18.0.6 the "forgott password"-option disappeared because our ldap-setup does not allow to reseting ldap users password...
Since we now no longer can preselect which account type we want to login with. I have to set ldap.propagatePasswordChangedOnLdapServer to "true" to get it back even though reseting a ldap-account will not work. Actually we don't want to suggest to our users which use "ldap" that they can reset their password via openOLAt when they actually can't. Is there a posibility to get back the old login mask or is there any way to have the "forgot password" only on local-users.

Best Regards

Romeno

Florian Gnägi

Nov 15, 2023, 12:13:00 PM11/15/23
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Romeno

I noticed that in the 18.1.x OpenOLAT releases there is no distinguishing between local and ldalp users on the login mask.

This is correct. All login methods that user username/password are now using the same login mask. This greatly simplifies everything for end users. When you enter your credentials OpenOlat automatically detects which method you use.

After updating from 18.0.6 the "forgott password"-option disappeared because our ldap-setup does not allow to reseting ldap users password...
Since we now no longer can preselect which account type we want to login with. I have to set ldap.propagatePasswordChangedOnLdapServer to "true" to get it back even though reseting a ldap-account will not work. Actually we don't want to suggest to our users which use "ldap" that they can reset their password via openOLAt when they actually can't. Is there a posibility to get back the old login mask or is there any way to have the "forgot password" only on local-users.

When using LDAP as your default login but you still want to offer the link to change the local password you can set the LDAP password link to something linked to this:
Then change the change password link text to something that makes clear for which user this is relevant. You can also add some custom help message using the login.customhelpms key in the org.olat.login package.

You can do this changes using the language adaption tool. The modifications will be persistent and also work after an update, see https://docs.openolat.org/manual_admin/administration/Customizing/

Cheers
Florian

Best Regards

Romeno

Sie erhalten diese Nachricht, weil Sie Mitglied sind von Google
Groups-Gruppe "OpenOlat".
Für das Erstellen von Beiträgen in dieser Gruppe senden Sie eine E-Mail
an open...@googlegroups.com
Um sich von dieser Gruppe abzumelden, senden Sie eine E-Mail an
openolat+u...@googlegroups.com
Weitere Optionen finden Sie in dieser Gruppe unter
http://groups.google.com/group/openolat?hl=de

professional services for the e-learning system OpenOlat
hosting - operating - support - development - mobile - consulting
frentix  GmbH
Florian Gnägi, Geschäftsführer
Okenstrasse 6
CH-8037 Zürich, Switzerland