Unable to Create context for UserGenerator on Pandaboard

xeric

Dec 5, 2012, 4:39:20 PM12/5/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Everyone,

I'm new to OpenNi and working on tracking people with Kinect using OpenNi. I'm doing that on a Pandaboard with Ubuntu 12.04 (ARM) non GUI version on it.
I was able to create ImageGenerator node and DepthGenerator node using Create function but when I tried to create UserGenerator it failed.

I Tried the same code on  ubuntu 12.04 x86, its able to create UserGenerator, and I'm able to track people as well.
Could anyone help me with finding what I might have done wrong? Or am I missing some thing like config etc?

Here is the code for it:

_width = 640
_height = 480
_frameRate = 30;

// Create Context

ret = _context.Init();
if (ret == XN_STATUS_NO_NODE_PRESENT)
{
     return;
}

if (ret != XN_STATUS_OK)
{
     return;
}

_imageSize = _width * _height * 3;

// Create the image generator
ret = _imageNode.Create(_context);

if (ret != XN_STATUS_OK)
{
      return;
}

outputMode.nFPS = _frameRate;
outputMode.nXRes = _width;
outputMode.nYRes = _height;

ret = _imageNode.SetMapOutputMode(outputMode);

if (ret != XN_STATUS_OK)
{
   return;
}

ret = _imageNode.SetPixelFormat(XN_PIXEL_FORMAT_RGB24);

ret = _depthNode.Create(_context);
if (ret != XN_STATUS_OK)
{
     return;
}

ret = _depthNode.SetMapOutputMode(outputMode);

if (ret != XN_STATUS_OK)
{
   return;
}

ret = _userNode.Create(_context); ///////////////This is where it fails :-(
if (ret != XN_STATUS_OK)

    return;
}

if (!_userNode.IsCapabilitySupported(XN_CAPABILITY_SKELETON))
{
        return;
}

It would be great if someone could guide me.
Thank you!

xeric

Dec 5, 2012, 11:58:36 PM12/5/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Again,

Well the code seems to work fine on Ubuntu 12.04 x86 desktop version, with GUI. Has any one faced this kind of issue on an embedded platforms or ARM platforms?

Any directions would be great help, I'll dig deeper and post my findings..

Thank you!