Instruction not permitted (core dumped) in Ubuntu 12.04

Gilson Beck

Aug 22, 2012, 10:49:53 AM8/22/12
to OpenNI
Hello for everyone of OpeNi,

I'm trying to install OpenNi and AvinSensor in Ubuntu 12.04.
The installation seems to be ok and NiViewer is running.
When I try to run Sample-NiUserTracker or Sample-NiHandTracker I have
the following message:
Instruction not permitted (core dumped)

It worked fine in Ubuntu 10.10. Now, in Ubuntu 12.04 it's not working.

All my instalation notes and steps are here.
http://piratepad.net/anotar-internet-gilson

Please, can someone help giving some tips?

Thanks a lot.

Gilson Beck.
http://www.gilsonbeck.blogspot.com.br/

Tristan

Aug 26, 2012, 4:32:09 PM8/26/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Guys,
I'm trying to install OpenNI with Kinect on Ubuntu 12.04 as well and seem to be getting the same or similar error.

The sample program NiViewer works fine but most others like Sample-NiSimpleSkeleton are giving an error output like this:

Reading config from: '../../Config/SamplesConfig.xml'
Starting to run
Illegal instruction (core dumped)

If anyone has any ideas what could be causing this or what i can do about it, please let me know.

Many thanks in advance.

Tristan

andyw

Sep 3, 2012, 5:42:12 PM9/3/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I get exactly the same behaviour. also on Ubuntu 12.04 / OpenNI 1.4.5.0 unstable branch compiled and installed from source, both with SSE2 and default SSE3 compiler settings.
NiViewer works fine, but running any of the samples  involving NITE skeletal tracking core dump.
Any help appreciated..

Tristan

Sep 9, 2012, 7:20:35 AM9/9/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi andyw. . .
I'm still battling with this but i think it might have to do with License keys. . . the guide i followed didn't seem to add them this guide does. . . http://mitchtech.net/ubuntu-kinect-openni-primesense/
Try follow those instructions.
But i think i have messed something else up in the process now.
Best of luck and please let me know what you find.
Tristan

nicolas chaufette

Dec 16, 2012, 1:36:52 PM12/16/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hello Guys,

Same problem here.
Noticed that my CPU does not support SSE3 instruction, and NITE need it. OpenNI works, but NICE doesn't. I don't have another Linux box to test it
Hope it helps