OpenNI network application exiting when NewUser and LostUser callbacks are called consecutively.

Gaurav Pruthi

Dec 6, 2012, 1:23:25 PM12/6/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have developed a game application that will take the Kinect camera data (i.e  Depth, Scene, and Skeleton data) over the network. The game requests for data from the server and same is served from the client through Kinect camera on request.
Though it was working fine for sometime, but now its showing some issues randomly when new user and lost user callbacks are called on the client side consecutively ,the application exits abruptly , which is not expected since there  is an infinite while loop on the client side that serves the server requests So no reason to get out of the main method and also there is no exit() call in the threads that serve the data(skeleton,depth and scene etc).

Will be grateful if somebody can provide any input regarding the same.

Ignacio Avellino

Dec 7, 2012, 12:32:12 AM12/7/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gaurav!

Did you update to the latest version? This is solved in the current version of Nestk.
I had the same problem as you but just some days ago I recompiled nestk from the latests available git code and it doesn't crash anymore now.

Hope it solves your problem too!

Ignacio

Gaurav Pruthi

Dec 7, 2012, 4:14:42 AM12/7/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com

  Hi Ignacio,

   We are using OpenNI library with the latest version, don't know why it is happening because application is not crashing its just exiting without showing any illogical behaviour; while there is no exit statement anywhere and the last line of the main function is just an infinite loop:

int main()
{
  ***Code****
  whille(1);
  return 0;
}

Thanks.

Ignacio Avellino

Dec 7, 2012, 4:17:34 AM12/7/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I apologize, for some reason I assumed you were also using nestk. I had the same problem with an old version of OpenNI and nestk, once I updated to the current latest version, it stopped.

Sorry I can't be of further help.

Best,

Ignacio

Gaurav Pruthi