Status of OpenNIFilter.dll

Manuel Lopez Antequera

Dec 13, 2012, 4:45:23 AM12/13/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
Hello! I'd like to know if anybody got OpenNIFilter.dll working.

Sadly, when I register this dll (regsvr32 OpenNIFilter.dll), Skype doesn't detect any camera (not even the cameras it could previously detect).

We need this so that we can remotely 'chat' with our robots with Skype while we see through their kinect.

I'm also in the process of writing another directshow filter for other cameras on the robot (ie. IR camera), and I could help with OpenNIFilter.dll if the source is available.

Manuel Lopez Antequera

Dec 13, 2012, 6:31:02 AM12/13/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
I just found out that the source is available so I will get working on that to try to fix it. I'm still learning about OpenNI and directshow filters so it will take a while.

If anyone has any progress or success stories they can share on using OpenNIFilter to make the kinect streams show up as virtual webcams that would be great.

Roee Shenberg

Dec 13, 2012, 10:21:07 AM12/13/12
to openn...@googlegroups.com
I messed around with it a bit a while ago, and I think Skype is doing something a bit non-standard (it didn't work for me either) - I could use it from some other programs (e.g. windows movie maker to take a clip as .avi)