Project status 2020

Paul Menzel

Nov 1, 2020, 5:43:39 AM11/1/20
to opennetw...@googlegroups.com
Dear ONL folks,

I found an ONL talk from Jeffrey Townsend at OCP Summit 2019 [1], but
none from OCP Summit 2020 [2]. There were mostly SONiC talks.

It’d be great, if somebody could comment on the current status of ONL.
There is an article from May 2020, claiming that SONiC is seeing great
adoption.

> According to Maltz, more than ten of the hyperscalers and cloud
> builders and a number of large enterprises have all adopted SONiC as
> their switch operating system, with Microsoft and Alibaba being the
> two biggies that are on the record.

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oF6HENIRq0
"OCPSummit19 - EW: Networking: Software - Architecture and Design
of Open Network Linux"
[2]: https://www.youtube.com/c/OpencomputeOrg/videos
[3]:
https://www.nextplatform.com/2020/05/12/is-microsofts-sonic-winning-the-war-of-the-noses/
"Is Microsoft’s SONiC Winning The War Of The NOSes?"