A question for QoE Evaluation function

肖雪豆

Nov 15, 2021, 7:48:35 AM11/15/21
to opennetlab...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sir/Madame,

I am a Ph.D. student doing research on video streaming and want to implement bandwidth estimation and bitrate adaptation through reinforcement learning. The algorithm needs to use QoE as a reward to update the neural network. The exact and reliable QoE function is of importance to us. We have learned from your challenge website (https://2021.acmmmsys.org/rtc_challenge.php) that the QoE evaluation criteria comprises metrics including VMAF, DNSMOS, average frame drop rate, average frame delay, variance of frame delay, and network performance metrics. We think that these metrics take into account all aspects of video streaming in a comprehensive manner.
However, the exact QoE function has not demonstrated in the challenge website. So, if the QoE has been determined, can you kindly share it with me, if not yet, can you give some reference or suggestions for setting weights of these metrics?

Thanks very much for your kindness!

--

Xuedou Xiao

Ph.D. student

School of Electronic Information and Communication

Huazhong University of Science and Technology

Wuhan, China

Zhixiong Niu

Nov 15, 2021, 7:52:12 PM11/15/21
to 肖雪豆, opennetlab...@googlegroups.com

Hi Ms. Xiao,

Please have a look on OpenNetLab/challenge-HOWTO (github.com).

--

Best,

Zhixiong

From: opennetlab...@googlegroups.com <opennetlab...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of 肖雪豆 <xuedo...@hust.edu.cn>