Just bought a board and having problem getting started

Alison Williams

Mar 17, 2015, 9:44:38 PM3/17/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I have managed to follow the instructions on

But I am not running into a strange problem.

1. Under devices and drives the board is not showing up (it used to)
2. In device manager under Ports OpenMV USB Comm Port (COM3) is listed (when I click on it, it says device is working)
3. When I start the OpenMV IDE and click Connect it says failed to connect to OpenMV.

Any suggestions?? Thanks,

Saleem

Ibrahim Abdelkader

Mar 17, 2015, 10:12:06 PM3/17/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hi Alison,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with the board, I'm still working on the software as the first cam is not expected to go out for while.

I explained this earlier in another post, we can't stop anyone from making and selling these on ebay or whatever, but we really don't have the time to support "unofficial" builds.

Alison Williams

Mar 17, 2015, 10:19:05 PM3/17/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm.

I bought the board from cbroegger -- I saw him post on this group. Is that not official? if not, how can I get my hands on an official board!

Saleem

Ibrahim Abdelkader

Mar 17, 2015, 10:59:05 PM3/17/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
No, those are not the ones we're making/selling, in fact we just made a few changes to the hardware too, based on some requests from KS backers.

Our boards will be available for backorder soon.

robot

Mar 18, 2015, 12:27:02 AM3/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
I also like the same store to buy something , there are also the same problem , do you have a mailbox ? We can communicate in private exchanges.

my email is  wulin...@gmail.com

在 2015年3月18日星期三 UTC+8上午10:19:05,Alison Williams写道:

Alison Williams

Mar 18, 2015, 7:11:11 AM3/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com

Ibrahim,

We were not aware that these are not official boards. At least I am willing to promise that as soon as the board is available for back order I will order it!

But please help me get started! This way I save time and the problem might be something trivial after all.

Saleem

sale...@yahoo.com

Ibrahim Abdelkader

Mar 18, 2015, 7:48:53 AM3/18/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
It's really not about that at all, I'm still working on the SW and I'm taking my time because I have more important issues right now and because we didn't expect anyone to have these cameras now, you're just going to have to wait or start hacking.