What we can do to help

Erik B Beall

Jan 26, 2015, 11:41:08 PM1/26/15
to open...@googlegroups.com
Fellow OpenMV fans, just a few minutes of our time can help a Kickstarter succeed and go beyond its goal. Ibrahim and Michael are just two guys and their posts and backers' posts will only get so much traction, so I thought I'd mention two helpful hints.

1. Post about OpenMV Cam and make it personalized if at all possible, whether to twitter, facebook, linkedin, google+ or wherever. It can be really simple, perhaps just "As a beta tester I can't wait for the new OpenMV" or "I'm making a video doorbell with OpenMV".

2. Post on the Kickstarter comment board about your positive experience with OpenMV in the group buy or if you've built your own.

This is more than a few minutes of your time, but if you're up for it, do a blog article on OpenMV and mention the campaign!

Also, google+ is good but the posts have to go to circles that would be interested, for example the Raspberry Pi community is huge, and even though they have several computer vision add-ons, this one is different because its embedded and can be controlled by a Pi - they'd be interested.
Reddit can work really well but only if the posts are something people would be interested in (i.e. not just a link, people would be interested in OpenMV, but have to be made aware of it).