Reduced mobility demand / digitalisation scenario with real data?

Marlin Arnz

Apr 16, 2020, 7:47:28 AM4/16/20
to openmo...@googlegroups.com

Hello mobility modellers

Recently, a colleague gave me the idea to use Corona-related, reduced mobility demand data for future mobility scenarios with digitalisation and demand reduction. I’m keen to do so and happy for any cooperation!

Here is a spatially distributed data example for Germany (PTV): https://mobility-footprint.ptvgroup.io/

And here, mobility is clustered by purpose (Google): https://www.gstatic.com/covid19/mobility/2020-04-05_DE_Mobility_Report_en.pdf

Sadly, these data sources are private and commercial. Does anyone have an idea how to access alternative sources without paywall (being not too high at least)? For the base case, national mobility surveys might be suitable, but up-to-date data is rare. Or does someone have experience in purchasing commercial mobility data and a feeling about pricing?

Best,

Marlin

Marlin Arnz

Promovend RLS-Graduiertenkolleg

EnergieSystemWende

Lehrstuhl für Wirtschafts- und Infrastrukturpolitik

Technische Universität Berlin

Marlin Arnz

c/o Reiner Lemoine Institut gGmbH

Rudower Chaussee 12

12489 Berlin

Tel.:    +49 30 1208 434 90

Fax.:   +49 30 1208 434 99
E-Mail:
marli...@rl-stiftung.de

https://www.reiner-lemoine-stiftung.de/kolleg

Weibezahn, Jens

Apr 16, 2020, 8:05:44 AM4/16/20
to Marlin Arnz, openmo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Marlin,

Kai Nagel and his team did some Corona simulations (using mobility model for simulation of virus spreading under different scenarios) with their MATSim tool: https://matsim-vsp.github.io/covid-sim/

Maybe they could provide some useful data?

Best,

Jens