PostDoc position at PIK

Jarusch Müßel

May 8, 2024, 3:18:59 PMMay 8
to openmod-trans
𝗖𝗼𝗺𝗲 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝗸 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘂𝘀 𝗼𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗲𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗯𝗼𝗻𝗶𝘇𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗿𝗮𝗻𝘀𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁!

At PIK - Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research we are looking for Postdocs and Research Analysts to model and explore transformation pathways for the transport sector.

https://potsdam.pi-asp.de/bewerber-web/?xsrf=C59862447637974ADE5BE7926B7A094F&company=PIK-FIRMA-ID&tenant=&lang=E&jobdesign=#position,id=f3099e0d-0e8a-4beb-a400-cf43928620c3,popup=y

How can transport systems be transformed in line with national and international climate neutrality goals? What is the role of the transport sector in an integrated energy systems context? Which technologies will prevail and what infrastructure will be needed and when? What are suitable policy approaches for the transport transition? If these questions pique your interest and if you enjoy collaborative programming in an international team, this position is right for you!

You will conduct transformation scenario modeling with our *global transport sector model* coupled to the energy-economy-climate model REMIND, which contributed most of the scenarios assessed in the recent IPCC AR6 report.

PIK Potsdam is not only a renowned and influential institute for working, but also a beautiful place (close to Berlin). We offer flexi-time and mobile working (up to 50% of your hours) and an international team.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions!