New paper on demand-side mitigation in passenger transport

Marlin Arnz

Feb 8, 2024, 2:22:15 AMFeb 8
to openmo...@googlegroups.com

Hello everyone,

I would like to share with you our paper on the impact of demand-side mitigation strategies in passenger transport on the renewable energy system, which might be interesting to some of you.

We are coupling the AnyMOD Europe model and the quetzal_germany transport model with 100% RE as a target without non-European energy imports. In doing so, we compare my sufficiency scenarios for German passenger transport with efficiency scenarios (100% BEVs) and see around a quarter of savings in German energy generation capacities in both cases. However, in the sufficiency case, other infrastructure costs are added (by all for all), while private households bear the costs of the efficiency case.

You can take a look at it in Energy Strategy Reviews (open access) and feel free to forward it: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.esr.2024.101302

Best wishes,

Marlin