Connection behavior and range anxiety

Niklas...@dlr.de

Jul 16, 2021, 11:10:30 AM7/16/21
to francescoda...@polimi.it, SFat...@ffe.de, CGa...@diw.de, Moritz....@dlr.de, Carsten.H...@dlr.de, openmo...@googlegroups.com

Hello my fellow EV modelers,

Having somewhat failed in acquiring real-world empirical charging data from the KIT and BMW shared projects, I’m currently turning again to literature to make VencoPy simulations at least consistent with reported charging energies, charging powers, SOCs, parking times and other related variables for EV charging. On that road, I came across a publication looking at modeling the decision to connect and charge an EV, that I assume may be relevant on your research:

https://www.mdpi.com/2032-6653/12/1/18/htm

The authors use – as you guys Moritz do in CURRENT – a utility (they call score) taking into account “comfort, price, and personal preference”.

This is how they model range anxiety:

Wevj 12 00018 g003

Seems a bit simpler than the approach you were thinking of, Francesco but may be of use anyhow.

I hope you all enjoy the weekend and find inspiration

Best

Niklas

Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt e.V. (DLR)

Institut für Vernetzte Energiesysteme | Energiesystemanalyse | Curiestraße 4 | 70563 Stuttgart

Niklas Wulff | Doktorand

Telefon +49 711 6862 348 | niklas...@dlr.de

DLR.de/ve