new Nature Energy paper on human-centered energy modelling

David Parra

Dec 15, 2021, 6:51:44 PM12/15/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com, David Parra, alef...@gmail.com, alejandro...@unige.ch

Dear colleagues,

I hope this message finds you doing well.

Today, I would like to draw your attention to our new Nature Energy article in which we report an interdisciplinary approach, bridging energy engineering with psychology, to integrate human decision preferences into the analysis of P2P energy communities.

Our findings show that prosumers’ trading decisions can result in benefits at the individual, collective and grid level. The benefits, however, vary across community members, and depend on the applied P2P trading strategy of prosumers.

Our results can inform renewable community developers and policy makers about the design of P2P communities, and provide new pathways towards a citizen-centered energy transition.

The full text can be accessed via (free access): https://rdcu.be/cC8BY

Last but not least, our energy models are open-source, and they can be found in: https://github.com/alefunxo/Solar_communities

Please, do not hesitate to approach us if you have any question or comment..

Citation:

Pena-Bello, A., Parra, D., Herberz, M., Tiefenbeck, V., Patel, M., & Hahnel, U. J. J. (2021). Integration of prosumer peer-to-peer trading decisions into energy community modelling. Nature Energyhttps://doi.org/ 10.1038/s41560-021-00950-2

I finally take this opportunity to wish you an excellent end of the year, and Merry Christmas!

Best wishes,

Dr. David Parra

PhD MSc Energy Engineer

Senior researcher and teaching fellow. Energy Efficiency Group. Institute for Environmental Sciences (ISE). Faculty of Science. University of Geneva.

Visiting Scholar at the Institute for Data, Systems, and Society (IDSS), MIT

- Visiting address: Bâtiment Uni Carl-Vogt, 66 Boulevard Carl-Vogt. Room 611 (6th floor), 1205 Genève, Switzerland

- Postal address: Bâtiment Uni Carl-Vogt, 66 Boulevard Carl-Vogt. 1211 Genève 4, Switzerland

- UNIGE webpage: https://www.unige.ch/efficience/efficiency/team/parra/

- Twitter profile: @david_parramen

- Linked-In profile:  linkedin.com/in/david-parra-6a95a336

- Personal webpage: https://david-parramendoza.net/

- Tel: +41 (0)223790284

- Skype: davidparramendoza