Interviews in "Open Science Magazine" with energy researchers

Tom Brown

Jan 28, 2021, 12:39:18 PM1/28/21
to openmod list
Dear open-minded modellers,

Some of us have given a few interviews to the "Open Science Magazine"
which might be of interest:

https://open-science-future.zbw.eu/en/welcome-to-open-science-magazine/

https://open-science-future.zbw.eu/willkommen-beim-open-science-magazin/

I think most people on the list will be familiar with the arguments, but
they could be useful to send to colleagues on the fence about openness.
Some are only in German, sorry about that.

With Prof. Claudia Kemfert in English and German:

https://open-science-future.zbw.eu/en/reaching-the-top-of-national-and-international-research-with-open-source/

https://open-science-future.zbw.eu/interview-mit-prof-dr-claudia-kemfert/

With Dr. Wolf-Peter Schill in German:

https://open-science-future.zbw.eu/quelloffenheit-sorgt-fuer-sichtbarkeit/

With me in German (sporting my smirking hamster look):

https://open-science-future.zbw.eu/bei-grossen-ausschreibungen-ist-offenheit-heute-oft-die-regel/

Viele Grüße

Tom

--
Karlsruhe Institute of Technology (KIT)
Institute for Automation and Applied Informatics (IAI)

Tom Brown (he/him)
Research Group Leader, Energy System Modelling

Phone: +49 721 608 25737
Fax: +49 721 608 22602
Group website: https://www.iai.kit.edu/english/ESM.php
Personal website: https://nworbmot.org/

Visitor Address:
Office 309
Campus North Building 445
Hermann-von-Helmholtz-Platz 1
76344 Eggenstein-Leopoldshafen

Robbie Morrison

Jan 28, 2021, 1:21:27 PM1/28/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Hi all

For those who need DE/EN machine translations for up to 5000 pasted chars, I suggest:

Else you can just enjoy the quite remarkable photographs!  :)

Robbie

On 28/01/2021 18.39, Tom Brown wrote:
[...]

Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49.30.612-87617

wsc...@diw.de

Jan 28, 2021, 2:26:51 PM1/28/21
to Robbie Morrison, openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the shout-out, Tom and Robbie!

I realized it was a bad idea to give them this foto when I saw how well the other interviewees were dressed...
https://twitter.com/WPSchill/status/1347153958012391424?s=20

More important: Both Tom and me explicitly mentioned the greatness of openmod in our interviews ;)

Best,
Wolf
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/openmod-initiative/d9b63d3a-b28f-b898-fb2f-5472cf05e2dc%40posteo.de.