Joe DeCarolis nominated to lead Energy Information Administration

Tom Brown

Sep 23, 2021, 2:32:00 AMSep 23
to openmod list
Dear openmodders,

Pioneer and veteran open modeller Joe DeCarolis has been nominated by US
President Joe Biden to lead the Energy Information Administration (EIA).

This is a really big deal - congratulations Joe!

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2021/09/22/president-biden-announces-key-nominations-2/

Best wishes,

Tom

--
Prof. Dr. Tom Brown (he/him)
Department of Digital Transformation in Energy Systems

Group website: https://www.ensys.tu-berlin.de/
Personal website: https://nworbmot.org/

Visitor Address:
Einsteinufer 25 (TA 8)
10587 Berlin

Matthew Gidden

Sep 23, 2021, 2:59:14 AMSep 23
to Tom Brown, openmod list
A huge congrats, Joe! This is a monumental feat that shows the hard work you've been undertaking in leading on open energy system science in the US and abroad is being recognized at the highest levels. I wish you all the best in your new role at which I'm sure you will exceed all expectations.

Cheers!

Matthew Gidden, Ph.D.
[he/him/his]
Team Leader Modelling & Mitigation Pathways Analysis, Climate Analytics
Guest Research Scholar, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA)

Climate Analytics
www.climateanalytics.org
Ritterstr. 3  |  10969 Berlin, Germany
matthew...@climateanalytics.org
+49 (0) 30 259 22 95 36

Jarrad Wright

Sep 23, 2021, 3:52:06 AMSep 23
to openmod initiative
This is amazing.

I had the brief pleasure of meeting Joe (and sharing a car ride with him) at the openmod session at NREL in September 2019 (what seems like forever ago).

What a great person with a passion for open energy modelling and data.

All the best, Joe!

Joseph DeCarolis

Sep 23, 2021, 11:01:44 PMSep 23
to openmod initiative
Hi Tom, Matt, and Jarrad,

Thanks for your kind words. I continue to learn and benefit tremendously from the openmod community. If confirmed by the Senate, I plan to take those lessons with me to the Energy Information Administration.

Best,
Joe

--
Joseph F. DeCarolis
Professor

Phone: 919-515-0480
Fax: 919-515-7908
E-mail: jdeca...@ncsu.edu
Web page: https://www.ccee.ncsu.edu/people/jfdecaro
Twitter: @jfdecarolis

Mark Howells

Sep 24, 2021, 3:16:12 AMSep 24
to openmod initiative
Joe, Late to the party on this - VERY WELL DONE and so DESERVED! Best, Mark