Energy Data Taskforce - Progress Review

sahgma1

Apr 15, 2021, 7:30:58 AM4/15/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear Openmodders,

In 2019, Energy Systems Catapult published their findings of the Energy Data Taskforce (https://es.catapult.org.uk/reports/energy-data-taskforce-report/) as part of a commission from the UK government, Ofgem and Innovate UK to help support a modernised digitalised energy system throughout the UK sector. As part of this the taskforce five main recommendations were developed:

·         Direct the sector to digitalisation of the Energy System;

·         Maximise the value of data, in particular adopting the principle of presumed open data;

·         Increase the visibility of data;

·         Develop an asset registration strategy;

·         Increase the visibility of infrastructure and assets;

Since the publication of the EDTF many organisations have adopted the recommendations and incorporated them into their digitalisation strategies and we are aiming to build on the lessons learnt to make further recommendations and continue to push digitalisation forward.

We’d like to provide an opportunity to review the work that has been done since the launch of the energy data taskforce. We’ll be running this review as a piece of research which will include a series of structured interviews on the 5 original recommendations. We’re aiming to understand from the key people in the sector concerning their experience with the recommendations.

If you have been involved in implementing any or all of the recommendations from the Energy Data Taskforce in the UK or have experience with their outcomes then we’d love to hear from.

Please get in contact with myself at Stephe...@es.catapult.org.uk

Best wishes

Dr Stephen Haben