Fwd: News Flash: Starter Energy Modelling Kits for African Countries

Mark Howells

May 4, 2021, 1:17:04 PM5/4/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear All, For collegial info & hopefully useful for those working in Africa. Best, Mark

May 4, 2021, 1:30:12 PM5/4/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mark, all

I blogged about this CCG announcement earlier today and my posting has a little more background than the press release below:

Stepping back, I guess we modelers should talk about how to create coherent databases for this kind of regional information.  I called these "data systems" recently for want of a better term and also blogged about them too:

Current examples include: SPINE, PowerSystems.jl, PowerGenome, and Open Energy Outlook.  These data system projects are one step beyond data portals like the ENTSO‑E Transparency Platform, OPSD, and WRI PowerExplorer in they offer a internally consistent, coherent, and complete view within their stated scope.

with best wishes, Robbie

Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49.30.612-87617