#job Research Software Developer for the Integrated Assessment model MESSAGEix

Daniel Huppmann

Jul 30, 2022, 1:38:38 AM7/30/22
to openmod initiative
Hi openmods,

Any software developers or scientific-programming-focused researchers here wanting to work on climate-change-related tools, working the kind of mitigation scenarios used by the IPCC and supporting a broad range of modeling projects?

Scientific software including open-source modeling frameworks and packages for scenario analysis & data visualization are becoming ever more important for state-of-the-art research - this is particularly for the domain of energy systems modeling and climate change mitigation. So at the IIASA Energy Climate & Environment program, we recently established a Research Theme "Scenario Services & Scientific Software“ to support researchers in adopting best-practice of (scientific) software development and the FAIR principles for data management.

In this team, we are looking to hire a Research Software Developer to help us further improve our modelling platform infrastructure and related open-source tools for climate-change scenario analysis and science communication. One of the key responsibilities of the new team member will be acting as a community manager of the open-source MESSAGEix modelling framework: https://docs.messageix.org

https://iiasa.ac.at/job-openings

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions, happy to explain the current status of our software stack and upcoming projects!

Best regards,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel HUPPMANN
Research Scholar
Coordinator of the Research Theme „Scenario Services & Scientific Software"
Energy, Climate, and Environment (ECE) Program

webwww.iiasa.ac.at/staff/huppmann

International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria | www.iiasa.ac.at