Post-doctoral researcher and software developer position at Industrial Ecology Freiburg

Stefan Pauliuk

Dec 2, 2021, 3:22:42 AM12/2/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear colleagues,

At industrial ecology Freiburg, we are now hiring a post doc and a programmer for researching and modelling the conditions for sustainable material cycles.
Please find the detailed job advertisement online via this link:
https://is4ie.org/jobs/1336

I would be very grateful if you could forward this announcement to potentially interested and suitable colleagues in your network, or – where applicable – consider applying yourself!

Best regards,

Stefan Pauliuk

Professor for Industrial Ecology
Faculty of Environment and Natural Resources University of Freiburg, Germany
email: stefan....@indecol.uni-freiburg.de
web: www.industrialecology.uni-freiburg.de
publications: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=kk1nkakAAAAJ

recent publications:
Report of the UN International Resource Panel on Resource Efficiency and Climate Change:
https://www.resourcepanel.org/reports/resource-efficiency-and-climate-change

Understanding environmental trade-offs and resource demand of direct air capture technologies through comparative life-cycle assessment, by Kavya Madhu, Stefan Pauliuk, Sumukha Dhathri, and Felix Creutzig, Nature Energy,
http://doi.org/10.1038/s41560-021-00922-6

Comment „Making Sustainability Science a Cumulative Endeavour“ in Nature Sustainability:

Johannes Schmidt

Dec 2, 2021, 10:50:54 AM12/2/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We are again going to host a session on the spatio-temporal modeling of renewable energies at the EGU 2022 (see a short description below). In 2022, the EGU will be a hybrid conference. Our session will be entirely offline in Vienna (unless EGU moves completely online again). Submissions are welcome until the 12th of January 2021, 13:00 CET. We would like to invite you to submit your work there - and please do not hesitate to forward this invitation to potentially interested researchers.

all the best & hope to see you online at EGU2022,
Luis Ramirez Camargo, Johannes Schmidt

***Spatial and temporal modelling of renewable energy systems***
This session addresses spatial and temporal modelling of renewable energy systems, both in a prospective as well as in a retrospective manner. Therefore, contributions which model the characteristics of future renewable energy systems are equally welcome as contributions which assess the characteristics of their past performance. Session contributions may reach from purely climate based assessments of simulated renewable generation time series, over assessments of land use to full energy system models used to better understand energy systems with high shares of renewables.

Studies may for instance
-Improve our understanding of how climate data can be used to model renewables
-Show the spatial and temporal variability of renewable energy sources
-Assess the complementarity of different renewable energy sources or locations
-Derive land availability scenarios for renewable energies based on climatic, technical, economic, or social criteria
-Assess past spatial deployment patterns of renewables
-Assess past impacts on land cover and land use change, including impacts on biodiversity and other environmental indicators
-Derive integrated scenarios of energy systems with high shares of renewables (Including systems from the local scale e.g. in form of local Energy Communities to the national or continental scale).

The objective of the session is to provide an insight into recent advances in the field of renewable energy system modeling. The session welcomes papers dedicated to climatic and technical issues, environmental impact assessments, and policy-making, forecasting and real time applications concerning renewable energy systems.

—--------------------------------------------------------------
Associate Professor Dr. Johannes Schmidt

Institute for Sustainable Economic Development

University of Natural Resources and Life Sciences
Peter Jordan-Str. 82
1190 Vienna / Austria

Johannes Schmidt

Jan 10, 2022, 5:47:23 AM1/10/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

a quick reminder: we are again going to host a session on the spatio-temporal modeling of renewable energies at the EGU 2022 (see a short description below). In 2022, the EGU will be a hybrid conference. Our session will be entirely offline in Vienna (unless EGU moves completely online again). Submissions are welcome until the 12th of January 2022, 13:00 CET. We would like to invite you to submit your work there - and please do not hesitate to forward this invitation to potentially interested researchers.
all the best & hope to see you at EGU2022,
[...]

Johannes Schmidt

Dec 2, 2022, 8:56:32 AM12/2/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear all,

We are again going to host a session on the spatio-temporal modeling of renewable energies at the EGU 2023 (see a short description below). In 2023, the EGU will be a hybrid conference, i.e. allowing for offline and online presentations. Submissions are welcome until the 10th of January 2023, 13:00 CET. We would like to invite you to submit your work there - and please do not hesitate to forward this invitation to potentially interested researchers.

Please see https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU23/session/46450 for details on the session.

all the best & hope to see you at EGU2023,
Luis Ramirez Camargo, Johannes Schmidt, Marianne Zeyringer

***Spatial and temporal modelling of renewable energy systems***
This session addresses spatial and temporal modelling of renewable energy systems, both in a prospective as well as in a retrospective manner. Therefore, contributions which model the characteristics of future renewable energy systems are equally welcome as contributions which assess the characteristics of the past performance of renewable energies. Session contributions may reach from purely climate based assessments of simulated renewable generation time series, over assessments of land use to full energy system models used to better understand energy systems with high shares of renewables.

Studies may for instance:
Show the spatial and temporal variability of renewable energy sources, including resource droughts and complementarity between technologies and locations.
Derive scenarios for the spatial allocation of renewable energies based on climatic, technical, economic, or social criteria.
Assess past spatial deployment patterns of renewables.
Assess past impacts on land cover and land-use, including impacts on biodiversity and other environmental indicators.

Derive integrated scenarios of energy systems with high shares of renewables (Including systems from the local scale e.g. in form of local Energy Communities to the national or continental scale).

The objective of the session is to provide an insight into recent advances in the field of renewable energy system modeling. The session welcomes research dedicated to climatic and technical issues, environmental impact assessments, and policy-making, forecasting and real time applications concerning renewable energy systems.

Full papers can be submitted along with the abstract to a dedicated topical collection in the ISPRS International Journal of Geo-Information.