sharing of source code between projects

Robbie Morrison

Jan 4, 2023, 11:15:51 AM1/4/23
to openmod list

Hello all (also bcc JB)

I am currently involved in some lengthy discussions regarding the merits of various open source licenses.

And wondered if there are actual examples of one project reusing code from another project in our domain?  At any level: from a few lines of source though to entire components?

For instance, you may have committed a block of code for a technology (say an electrolyzer) copied from another project and before reworking that material so that it runs under your particular framework.

Or alternatively, you would have done something like this, but the licenses present were not compatible. Or you were not sure if they indeed were compatible.

Or you are thinking of using a solver abstraction module developed recently by another project in its entirety.

You can respond either offline or online.

Note also these earlier resources dating back two years:

TIA, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany