GenX open source release

Jesse Jenkins

Jun 8, 2021, 6:26:17 PM6/8/21
to openmod list, Dharik Sanchan Mallapragada
Dear OpenMod community,

I'm excited to share the open source release of the GenX electricity system capacity planning model, jointly developed by researchers at the MIT Energy Initiative and my Princeton ZERO Lab.

There's an overview of the model at

GenX is built in Julia + JuMP and works with both open source solvers (CBC/CLP currently supported, more solvers coming soon) and commercial solvers Cplex and Gurobi.

A couple of test systems are provided for users to get experience/demo features.

If you have any questions or are interested in becoming a user or contributor, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jesse Jenkins
Princeton University
ZERO Lab

CC Dharik Mallapragada, the lead at MITei

Robbie Morrison

Jun 9, 2021, 5:49:27 AM6/9/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com, Dharik Sanchan Mallapragada

Hi Jessie, GenXers, fellow baby boomers, and others

Great milestone!  I just added an entry for GenX to wikipedia:

In which case, can someone from the GenX project email me offlist so we can discuss that content and get the most relevant publications listed?  Also, a little graphic under CC‑BY‑4.0 would be useful, mostly just for some visual interest.

From a personal perspective, I am very happy to see all the work on long‑term storage being undertaken by the GenX crew.

with best wishes, Robbie

Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49.30.612-87617