New free models and starter kits: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.

Mark Howells

Aug 2, 2021, 5:37:38 AM8/2/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear All,

The CCG program together with OpTIMUS partners is super happy to make available free and open-source data kits for:

Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, and Vietnam.
You can find the data kits (now totaling 69 countries!) in Zenodo here.
And descriptive pre-print papers here.
The data is of course model agnostic. And, we have tried to make it as accessible as possible.

Best, Mark

ps We have also included a zero-order starter model for any students/analysts/others for which you can get training here. (But as stated all the inputs are broken out for use in any tool).
pps Special shout out to partners: IEA, IAEA, IRENA, UNStats, APERC, Cyprus Institute, University College Cork, Federal University of Ouro Preto as well as the CCG crew.

Robbie Morrison

Aug 2, 2021, 6:36:55 AM8/2/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Hi Mark, all

Now "cataloged" on wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_energy_system_databases#Climate_Compatible_Growth_starter_datasets

Clearly that kind of cataloging has limitations, but the article does get 10 hits a day.

Also I only got 58 countries from Zenodo.  So that is 11 short of 69 you mentioned?

If I need to make any edits to wikipedia, just let me know.

cheers, Robbie

Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany
Phone: +49.30.612-87617

Robbie Morrison

Aug 2, 2021, 8:26:47 AM8/2/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com, Lucy Allington (ICL)

Hi all, hi Lucy

Now corrected to 59 countries.  Ten South American countries are still in the pipeline and are to be uploaded in due course.

Robbie