Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Daniel Huppmann

não lida,
22 de nov. de 2022, 06:56:2222/11/2022
para openmod initiative, KREY Volker, WAGNER Pat
Hi openmods,

TL;DR: openmod-workshop @ IIASA, March 22-24, 2023 (not April 19-21 as previously announced)

The Energy, Climate and Environment program (ECE) at IIASA in Vienna/Laxenburg would be happy to host an in-person openmod workshop in spring 2023. We reached out to colleagues in Freiburg, who offered (pre-pandemic) to host the next openmod workshop, and they would be happy to pass the baton to IIASA.

We initially suggested April 19-21, which from our point of view was most plausible between Easter (April 9) and the European Geosciences Union (EGU, 23-28 April). However, several colleagues indicated scheduling conflicts and we held a survey at https://nuudel.digitalcourage.de/euQohDjKgJe59MUr. There is basically a draw between two options, and given that no RLI staff (and hence the open-energy-family) could attend in April, we decided to go for the March option.

We would like to hold this event back-to-back with a capacity-building/training workshop to be conducted within the Horizon 2020 project "European Climate and Energy Modelling Forum" (ECEMF, https://www.ecemf.eu).

There is a thread in the openmod forum for discussion: https://forum.openmod.org/t/workshop-april-2023-iiasa-vienna-laxenburg/3258, and Robbie Morrison created a tag for the event at https://forum.openmod.org/tag/vienna-2023.

The scheduled dates are Wednesday March 22 to Friday March 24, with the first day planned for trainings and tutorials, and the second and third days for the usual presentations, lightning talks and discussion sessions. Given available rooms at IIASA, we can host a crowd of up to 50 participants - if there is much more interest, we would have to look for additional rooms, at extra cost for which we would have to find additional resources...

Best,
Daniel

Dr. Daniel HUPPMANN
Research Scholar
Coordinator of the Research Theme „Scenario Services & Scientific Software"
Energy, Climate, and Environment (ECE) Program

Co-Chair of the Second Austrian Assessment Report on Climate Change (AAR2)

International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria | www.iiasa.ac.at

Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar