Four webinars and a data-set (plus a groovy paper)

Mark Howells

Nov 1, 2022, 5:29:05 PM11/1/22
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com
Dear Open-Minded-Modelers:

Please do join us - or pass the following on to those who may be interested in - a couple hybrid webinars we are holding (or promoting) next week on the side of the COP:
  1. Mon7th A growing set of Governments are turning to open-source energy planning. Hear from the Govs of Zambia, Kenya, Bolivia, and Cyprus. This is being coordinated by Imperial College (https://twitter.com/ResearchCcg/status/1587435722872705027)
  2. Mon 7th The 2022 Starter Data Kits to accelerate national analysis have begun. This builds on the 70 starter models of 2021. And will include several advances. We love to connect with any projects keen on partnering.(https://twitter.com/ResearchCcg/status/1587485347885334528)
  3. Tue 8th And check out the Clean Air Task Force check out two events: All models are wrong, some useful & Modelling Africa's Future on Tue 8th
And two interesting new papers that pinged on my radar screen producing or applying open awesomeness, that may be of general interest or material use for your/our own modelling:
a. www.nature.com/articles/s41597-022-01786-5 An all-Africa dataset of energy model “supply regions” for solar photovoltaic and wind power.
b. Identifying cross-sectoral policy synergies for decarbonization: Towards
short-lived climate pollutant mitigation action in Costa Rica (attached).

Best, Mark

X-sector GHG mitigation.pdf

Robbie Morrison

Nov 2, 2022, 3:10:28 AM11/2/22

On 01/11/2022 22.28, Mark Howells wrote:
  1. Mon7th A growing set of Governments are turning to open-source energy planning. Hear from the Govs of Zambia, Kenya, Bolivia, and Cyprus. This is being coordinated by Imperial College (https://twitter.com/ResearchCcg/status/1587435722872705027)

For those wishing to avoid twitter, please try: https://climatecompatiblegrowth.com/cop27/#COP27-Session1

Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany