open model process diagram now on wikipedia infrastructure

Robbie Morrison

May 15, 2023, 3:06:55 AM5/15/23
to openmod list

Hello all

I needed a higher resolution version of this diagram originally created by Stefan Pfenninger in September 2014, so I redrew it yesterday using the Inkscape vector graphics editor.

[pfenniger-diagram]

That original version is here:

And the new version has now been uploaded to Wikimedia Commons in SVG (font is Yrsa under OFL‑1.1) and PNG (6330 × 1238px) formats while retaining the earlier CC‑BY‑4.0 license of course (and my additional efforts are too minor to attract copyright and thereby produce a derivative work):

The reason for the stand‑alone raster version (the second URL) is that I had trouble getting the Inkscape file to render properly on the web, but that seems to be fixed now (see the version history).  Wikipedia may well outlast the openmod website, so also useful to have this graphic hosted on more persistent infrastructure.

If anyone who was at that first Berlin meeting in September 2014 wants to provide some context, feel free to reply!

with best wishes, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany

Cruz Enrique Borges Hernandez

May 17, 2023, 7:14:34 AM5/17/23
to openmod list
Hi Robbie

I would say that the model output could also be considered open data
and definitely you should also add "open access" to the
"interpretation" phase.

Best regards,
cruz

On Mon, 15 May 2023 at 09:06, Robbie Morrison <robbie....@posteo.de> wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I needed a higher resolution version of this diagram originally created by Stefan Pfenninger in September 2014, so I redrew it yesterday using the Inkscape vector graphics editor.
>
> That original version is here:
>
> https://openmod-initiative.org/img/open-model-process.png
>
> And the new version has now been uploaded to Wikimedia Commons in SVG (font is Yrsa under OFL‑1.1) and PNG (6330 × 1238px) formats while retaining the earlier CC‑BY‑4.0 license of course (and my additional efforts are too minor to attract copyright and thereby produce a derivative work):
>
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:2014-pfenninger-openmod-workflow-diagram.svg
> https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Openmod_workflow_diagram_raster_version.png
>
> The reason for the stand‑alone raster version (the second URL) is that I had trouble getting the Inkscape file to render properly on the web, but that seems to be fixed now (see the version history). Wikipedia may well outlast the openmod website, so also useful to have this graphic hosted on more persistent infrastructure.
>
> If anyone who was at that first Berlin meeting in September 2014 wants to provide some context, feel free to reply!
>
> with best wishes, Robbie
>
> --
> Robbie Morrison
> Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany
> Phone: +49.30.612-87617
>
> --

Cruz E. Borges, PhD
Researcher / DeustoTech

Faculty of Engineering, University of Deusto
Avda. Universidades 24. 48007 Bilbao (Spain)
Tel. +34 94 413 90 03 Ext. 2052
cruz....@deusto.es