Data science Challenge

sahgma1

Jan 12, 2021, 11:48:32 AMJan 12
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Dear Open-modders, I’m really excited to invite you to take part in a new data science challenge which I am running as part of the Presumed Open Data project with Western Power Distribution, Energy Systems Catapult and the Centre for Sustainable Energy.

The project aims to demonstrate how making energy data open and available increases value and drives innovation. It will coincide with WPD making many of their datasets open to the public through the launching of their new data platform (which will host the data for the challenge).

The challenge will consist of four weekly tasks (plus a practice task!) where the participants are to utilise the provided data, to design the optimal charge and discharge schedule for a distribution network storage device.

If you are interested in getting involved and registering for the challenge, then please sign up in the following link where there is further information:

https://www.westernpower.co.uk/pod-data-science-challenge

Looking forward to seeing you at the kick-off event!

best

Stephen