submission on the proposed Data Act

Robbie Morrison

Jun 25, 2021, 11:13:12 AM6/25/21
to openmod list

Hi all

Sixteen individuals from the open energy modeling community just submitted on a proposed Data Act for the European Union:

You can get the PDF from the above URL or from the Zenodo DOI.

We pushed pretty hard on what we regard as abuse of public disclosure within the electricity single market.  See paragraphs 11, 39–41.

Also on the question of gaining unrestricted access to "closed public-interest databases".  See paragraphs 47–48.

The openmod forum now has a stub for any follow up:

My opportunity to thank Ingmar Schlecht and Matt Deakin for helping with background.  And all the submitters for their moral support!

with best wishes, Robbie

--
Robbie Morrison
Address: Schillerstrasse 85, 10627 Berlin, Germany