Release of an open-source tool to optimize energy systems

Frederic Hirschmüller

Sep 8, 2021, 3:43:00 AM9/8/21
to openmod initiative

Dear openmodders,

I’m very happy to invite you to our third open_plan stakeholder workshop on the 20th of October from 10:00am until 1:00pm. Within this workshop we want to publish the version 1.0 of our open-source software tool to optimize energy systems. You can register through the following link: https://www.eventbrite.de/e/dritter-open-plan-stakeholder-workshop-tickets-168390878651

The workshop will be in German and will focus on the following two main topics:

- Presentation of the user interface of the tool: Within the development we have especially focused on user-friendliness, which is a central requirement of the potential users of the tool. In this context, we would like to get your feedback on our results and release the tool for first use.

- Presentation of selected energy systems of our partners: In this context, we would like to present the first results of selected simulations and explain the functions that we have already been able to implement into the tool.

At this point we would like to point out that the open_plan tool is still under development. Nevertheless, we would like to release the tool at the current state of development for initial use so that we can incorporate your feedback into further tool development. With this approach, we ensure that the requirements of our partners for the open_plan tool are met in the best possible way.

We are looking forward to a constructive exchange and the further development of our joint project.

About open_plan:

The open_plan project aims to develop a cross-sector, open planning tool. This is to be used for the optimized planning of energy systems concerning the electricity and heat supply of residential areas, commercial buildings and industry.

For more information, please visit our website: https://open-plan-tool.org/

All the best,

Frederic Hirschmüller, B. Eng.

DGS – Deutsche Gesellschaft für Sonnenenergie

Landesverband Berlin Brandenburg e.V.

Erich-Steinfurth-Straße 8

D – 10243 Berlin

Fon: +49 30 293812 – 60