#job Energy System Modeller in E3-Modelling

kav...@gmail.com

Nov 30, 2021, 3:18:00 PM11/30/21
to openmod initiative

Hey fellow modellers,

This is a heads-up on our open job vacancy in E3M.

We are looking for a motivated modeller to join us, The position is based in Athens (headquarters) or Berlin (new office). Strong interest in and knowledge of the EU and international energy and climate policy environment is a must.

The modeller will develop and run models that solve complex energy planning and policy assessment problems. Preparing data input, analyzing model outputs, and drafting policy analysis reports are among the key tasks of the job.

The modeller will be part of the PRIMES modelling team, involved in high-standing international consulting projects for clients including the European Commission, national governments, and large companies.

Job Functions

  • Energy system modelling
  • Energy economics
  • Use of modelling software GAMS, python, R

Qualifications

  • BSc and MSc (or PhD) in engineering, economics or applied mathematics or physics
  • At least 2-3 years of experience in energy and climate policy analysis, economics, and quantitative methods
  • Professional working proficiency in English
  • Professional working proficiency in German is desirable
  • Analytical acumen
  • Problem-solving and proactive attitude
  • Programming (desirable previous experience with GAMS/python/R)
  • Professional use of MS Office

Conditions of Employment

  • Full-time
  • Competitive salary in line with qualifications
  • Location: Athens or Berlin

How to apply

Please send your CV and Cover Letter (one page) to the attention of Liza Thanassi at in...@e3modelling.com including “Energy System Modeller” in the subject line.

Deadline for Applications: December 10, 2021

Do not hesitate to contact me for further clarifications.

Best Regards,

Kostas

--

Dr Kostas Kavvadias