PyPSA-PL-mini: run PyPSA in Google Colab

Patryk Kubiczek

Apr 19, 2024, 12:23:59 PMApr 19
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Dear openmods,

I'd like to bring to your attention PyPSA-PL-mini, a lightweight version of our energy model shipped with data specific to the Polish energy system. Similar to Table PyPSA, we utilize Google Sheets/Excel tables to specify most inputs. Additionally, we've prepared two notebooks containing example optimization exercises which can be executed using the Google Colab service, eliminating the need for local installation.

Our aim with PyPSA-PL-mini is to lower entry barriers for users with less Python expertise, enabling them to interact with the model directly in their browser. We believe that PyPSA-PL-mini has the potential to appeal not only to users within Poland but also to PyPSA users worldwide, given its customizability.

If you're interested in learning about the challenges of the energy transition in Poland, illustrated through PyPSA-PL-mini exercises, I warmly invite you to a webinar hosted by Instrat on Wednesday, April 24th at 11 a.m. CEST. You can find more information and register here: https://instrat.pl/en/webinar-new-pypsa-pl-mini-model/.

Best regards,

Patryk

--
Patryk Kubiczek