Taught course: Climate Impact Modelling

David Brayshaw

Dec 7, 2021, 10:47:08 AM12/7/21
to openmod-i...@googlegroups.com

Dear OpenMod,

As there is a growing community within OpenMod actively using climate datasets, I thought some of you may be interested in the online courses we’re currently offering next term in Reading Uni:

Specifically, the “Climate Impact Modelling and Climate Services” course (disclosure: I’m the convenor!) provides a very broad overview of the fundamentals and science behind climate impacts modelling.   The course isn’t specifically aimed at energy scientists, but many of the examples used draw heavily on energy modelling, and the course includes a substantial computer-lab components around working with present and future climate datasets (in python).

Places on the course are still available.  Application details are provided on the website but, if you are interested in discussing further, please let me know.

Best wishes,

David