InfraTrain 2021 Autumn School Invitation

Jens Weibezahn

Jun 25, 2021, 3:19:01 AMJun 25
to Jens Weibezahn

Dear All,

Sorry for cross posting! Attached the invitation for our InfraTrain 2021, this time as digital event out of Berlin.

Best,

Jens

Von: Infratrain 2021 <infra...@wiptuberlin.de>

Dear Sir or Madam,

it is our pleasure to announce the 16th year of the InfraTrain series:

(digital) InfraTrain 2021 Autumn School

Sustainable Infrastructure Modeling: Numerical Models and Data Analysis
October 11–15, 2021, Digital (out of Berlin)

InfraTrain is a series of events in INFRAstructure research and policy TRAINing designed for graduate scholars, practitioners, and policy makers. Participants select one event, which consists of several training sessions. InfraTrain thus addresses:

-        Advanced Master students

-        PhD students, post-docs, and other scholars from universities and research institutions

-        Junior staff from ministries, regulatory agencies and other governmental bodies

-        Young practitioners from industry, consulting firms and financial companies dealing with infrastructure issues

Students in a Master or PhD program will receive a (graded) certificate corresponding to 6 ECTS (European Credit Transfer System) upon the completion of a term paper resulting from the training course. The core elements of each InfraTrain are the training sessions, which cover a specific topic. Each participant chooses one session for the entire week. Senior practitioners or faculty members lecture on a focused topic, propose exercises and computer simulations, and discuss theory and policy issues. Training sessions are accompanied by seminars, where participants present and debate either their PhD theses or other current work in smaller groups.

Training Sessions 2021 (choose one):

  1. (Global) Hydrogen market modeling
  2. Risk in Stochastic Electricity Markets
  3. Energy system modeling with sector coupling
  4. Modeling sustainable transport and mobility for a decarbonized energy system

Participation in InfraTrain is free of charge. Unlike in previous years, this year’s InfraTrain will be held digitally, due to the SARS-Cov2 pandemic.

If you are interested in participating, please apply until August 15, 2021, via http://infratrain.wiptuberlin.de/. Information on acceptance will be given by early September. For further information, please find attached the official invitation.

Due to an IT attack on TU Berlin, the mail address and the website of the InfraTrain Autumn School changed compared to last years. You can find up-to-date information only on our new interim website http://infratrain.wiptuberlin.de/ and you can only contact us via infra...@wiptuberlin.de. Please do not send any emails to our old InfraTrain address, since we can no longer access them at the moment.

Yours sincerely,

Christian, Franziska, Christoph, and Jens

Prof. Dr. Christian von Hirschhausen, Dr. Jens Weibezahn, and Christoph Weyhing

TU Berlin, Workgroup for Infrastructure Policy (WIP)

Secr. H 33

Straße des 17. Juni 135

D-10623 Berlin, Germany

infra...@wiptuberlin.de

Prof. Dr. Franziska Holz

DIW Berlin and NTNU Trondheim
(German Institute for Economic Research)

Mohrenstraße 58

D-10117 Berlin, Germany

infra...@wiptuberlin.de

InfraTrain 2021 Autumn School Invitation.pdf